About Me

My photo
Welcome!! I'm a full-time mom, an amateur cake decorator but is very very passionate about producing the prettiest cake of all~ I love all things food-related. Still trying to learn as much as i can from Mom's and Grandma's cooking & baking. If you're looking for a specific cake, or just some inspiration? You can find here a list of my favourites. If you want to get in touch, do email me at tjcyee@hotmail.com

Monday, March 28, 2011

Ruffles

I was browsing through The Caketress and came upon this beautiful piece of art. It reminded me of a book my mom used to have that teaches how to make many different type of flowers using ribbons. My sister and I tried making them but we didn't have the right kind of ribbons so it wasn't easy! It's kinda like embroidery but using ribbons instead of yarns.

Anyway, here it is, my first attempt at "Ribbon Flowers".. This is one of my personal favourite!

Design inspired by "The Caketress"





This was made for a wedding of my hubby's cousin. Hope they love it as much as me.


2 comments:

  1. oooh I would have loved to have a similar cake like this by you for my wedding.. with two blue cute birds or winnie the pooh and eeyore at the top (representing the hubs and i though strange to have two make characters... lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm imagining Eeyore on a wedding cake.. Hehehe..

    ReplyDelete